Engineer Design Technician
- - Engineering
- Edgerton, MN, USA
- Determined by Experience
- Full Time
Fey Industries, Inc. in Edgerton, MN seeks a full-time Engineer Design Technician to join our growth focused, forward thinking organization. As an Engineer Design Technician you will be part of the team responsible for Continuous Improvement. The ideal candidate has a passion for working in a team oriented environment, possesses excellent communication skills, and a positive can do attitude.
Fey Industries, Inc. is a QCA accredited light manufacturing company who operates in a clean, climate controlled, work environment and strives to have a culture representing family values. If you enjoy customer interaction and strive to continuously grow your knowledge and skill base, then this is an excellent opportunity for you. This role is geared for those who are results driven. We are a dynamic team of people that are passionate about what we do both at work and within the community. We have an exceptional culture that is friendly, growth focused and team oriented. We believe in helping our team members live our core values; accountability, continuous improvement and innovation, integrity, sense of urgency and stewardship throughout each day. We encourage our team members to stay motivated and drive themselves onward through continuous improvement.
To the Engineer Design Technician we offer:
Health Insurance (majority company paid), Dental Life Insurance
Paid time off and flex time
Onsite gym including basketball court, racquetball court and locker rooms as well as an onsite library
Fey Industries, Inc. started in 1965 to provide branded promotional packaging products that enhance the image of other organizations and continues to grow with additional product lines and acquisitions. We pride ourselves on achieving Quality Certification Alliance (QCA) accreditation for the promotional product industry. We are 1 of 31 to be QCA accredited. Our purpose is brightening the world through our actions which includes the impact we create with our products, jobs and communications. For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.feyindustries.com/.
Duties and responsibilities for the Engineer Design Technician include:
The tasks and responsibilities associated with this position focus on the design or redesign of production tooling for, which includes but is not limited to, RF Seal, Thermoform, and Injection Mold processes.
New Product & Tooling Design
- Apply tooling experience to the design of new product tools
- Work with the Sales Group and the Customer
- Design tooling which will meet Customer product requirements and Fey cost requirements
- Own the entire Product Sample process
- Design sample tool
- Produce Product Samples
- Create Product Sample documentation (Spec Sheet, Drwg, BOM & Rtg)
- Secure Sales Mgt approval of Product Sample
- Make design modifications as required
- Develop final BOM and Rtg costing information to Sales Mgt
- Upon approval from Customer/Sales Mgt finalize the design of production tooling
- Set up new production tooling and perform complete ISI of all product cavities
- As required, assist with Pilot run of new product and provide samples to Sales Mgt, QA, and Customer
- Review specific routings as assigned; identify and implement changes to reduce costs.
- Monitor and report actual cost versus standard cost: collect & summarize data to reconcile variances.
- Reduce labor and material costs through process improvements.
- Monitor in-process quality testing and suggest appropriate changes to improve downstream process capabilities.
- Monitor current product quality vs. final product quality requirements. Suggest tasks that may improve product quality when appropriate and applicable.
- Perform tests on alternate raw materials as assigned.
Enhancing Manufacturing Efficiencies
- Become familiar with techniques employed in a manufacturing environment to enhance overall production efficiency.
- Monitor and document OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) by working with Production and Maintenance depts.
- Work with production, maintenance, and other peers in an effort to understand key process principles.
Improving production equipment and processes
- Design and oversee the manufacture and implementation of production fixtures.
- Monitor utilization and results of standardized tooling setup. Discuss changes when applicable and appropriate with supervisor(s).
- Become familiar with key technologies utilized at Fey Industries.
- Document, and implement optimized process conditions as assigned.
- Accomplish assigned tasks of a large project in a timely manner.
- Responsible for documenting or modifying the following items as assigned:
- Equipment modifications
- Equipment specifications
- Tool specifications
- Product specifications
- Material specifications
- Associate training as applicable
- Workcenter ergonomics
- Workcenter Safety Analysis
- Statistical methods as applicable
- Troubleshooting procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
This position has the following requirements:
- Associates Degree in Engineering or other technical field or minimum 2 years working experience in the field.
- Experience with Solidworks
- Good verbal and written communications skills, along with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with people from all areas of the organization.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
All the design work is done using Solidworks or Draftsight. Position requires associate to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
You will work in a fast paced environment as part of our manufacturing engineering team. Performance will be based on:
- Successfully completing design projects on schedule.
- Demonstrating skill and sound judgment in meeting the demands of the position and showing the ability to work with many people across several departments.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media