- - Engineering
- MN, USA
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental, Vacation Time, Paid Time Off, Flex Time, 401k, Onsite workout facility and more
Fey Industries, Inc. in Edgerton, MN seeks a full-time Manufacturing Engineer to join our growth focused, forward thinking organization. A Manufacturing Engineer plays a crucial role on our team and is responsible for delivering the needs of the customer while enhancing our product production processes for optimization. The ideal candidate has a passion for working in a team oriented environment, possesses excellent analytical and problem solving skills and has a positive can do attitude.
Fey Industries, Inc. is a QCA accredited light manufacturing company who operates in a clean, climate controlled, work environment and strives to have a culture representing family values. If you enjoy being a team player and strive to continuously grow your knowledge and skill base, then this is an excellent opportunity for you. This role is geared for those who are results driven. We are a dynamic team of people that are passionate about what we do both at work and within the community. We believe in helping our team members live our core values throughout each day: being a team player, doing the right thing, driving results and making it uniquely better and simplified. If this sounds like you, apply today!
To the Manufacturing Engineer we offer:
• Exempt FLSA Status
• Health Insurance (majority company paid), Dental and Life Insurance
• Paid time off and flex time
• Onsite gym including basketball court, racquetball court and locker rooms
• Onsite library
• And more!
Fey Industries, Inc. started in 1965 to provide branded promotional packaging products that enhance the image of other organizations and continues to grow with additional product lines and acquisitions. We pride ourselves on achieving Quality Certification Alliance (QCA) accreditation for the promotional product industry. We are 1 of 31 to be QCA accredited. Our purpose is brightening the world through our actions which includes the impact we create with our products, jobs and communications. For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.feyindustries.com/.
Top Accountabilities and activities for a Manufacturing Engineer include:
• Achieve your established goals and metrics
• Follow our core processes
• Evaluate, develop and enhance product production processes
• Design accurate production tooling to meet customer needs, both internal and external
• Evaluate production processes for optimization efficiency
• Evaluate new and/or alternative materials, programs and software for optimization efficiency
Managing Product Lines
• Perform and document product specific activities from raw materials to finished goods.
• Work on assigned product indices and programs to positively impact service, quality, & cost.
• Interact with sales associates to develop a clear understanding of customer needs in an effort to increase
the ratio of quotes to actual orders received.
• As assigned, specify routings, bills of materials, maintain product documentation, material specifications.
• Work with purchasing/supply chain to insure materials are purchased efficiently.
• Work with sales team on product design, customer requirements and engineering documentation.
• Process production quotes as required.
Reducing Production Costs
• Review specific routings as assigned; identify and implement changes to reduce costs.
• As assigned perform projects to reduce labor and material costs.
• Perform studies required to create waste by cause data (distinguish design vs process waste).
• Perform tests on alternate raw materials as assigned.
Enhancing Manufacturing Efficiencies
• Become familiar with techniques employed in a manufacturing environment to enhance overall production efficiency.
• Work with the Engineering assistants & Estimators as required to achieve the goals of the Manufacturing systems department.
• Monitor and document OEE (overall equipment effectiveness) by working with Production and Maintenance departments.
• Work with production, maintenance, and other team members in an effort to understand core processes.
Improving production equipment and processes
• Design and oversee the manufacture, implementation, and maintenance of all production tooling.
• Monitor utilization and results of standardized tooling setup & maintenance procedures. Discuss changes when applicable and appropriate with supervisor(s).
• Acquire new equipment and modify existing equipment as assigned.
• Become familiar with key technologies utilized at Fey Industries.
• Document, and implement optimized process conditions as assigned.
• Accomplish assigned tasks of a large project in a timely manner.
• Responsible for documenting or modifying items such as the following:
- Equipment modifications - Equipment designs
- Equipment specifications - Equipment installations and startups
- Team Member training as applicable - Troubleshooting procedures
- Preventative Maintenance Programs - Workcenter ergonomics
- Workcenter Safety Analysis - Statistical methods as applicable
• Knowledge of and experience with Solidworks, 3-D CAD
• Knowledge of Draftsight
• Ability to effectively communication with others, both verbal and written
• Strong attention to detail
• Problem solver
• Innovative and creative
• Results driven
• Must be a team player and have the ability to work with team members throughout the organization
• Desire to continuous make things uniquely better and simplified
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within Engineering and Manufacturing.
All the design work is done using Solidworks 3-D CAD or Draftsight for 2-D work. Tooling is made in house on CNC equipment. Position requires team member to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is preferred. Candidates with an Associate's degree will also be considered.
• Experience with Solidworks, 3D-CAD
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You will work in a fast paced environment as part of our manufacturing engineering team. Performance will be based on:
• Designing products that meet the specifications of the customer and tooling that performs well in manufacturing
• Demonstrating skill and sound judgment in meeting the demands of the position and showing the ability to work with many people across several departments.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media