Director of Manufacturing
- - Production
- MN, USA
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, Flex-Time and more
Fey Industries, Inc. in Edgerton, MN is seeking a full-time Director of Manufacturing to join our growth focused, forward thinking organization. We are a QCA accredited light manufacturing company who operates in a clean, climate controlled, work environment and strives to have a culture representing family values. We are a dynamic team of people that are passionate about what we do both at work and within the community. We have an exceptional culture that is friendly, growth focused and team oriented. We believe in helping our team members live our core values; being a team player, doing the right thing, driving results and making it uniquely better and simplified throughout each day.
To the Director of Manufacturing we offer:
• FLSA: Exempt
• Health Insurance (majority company paid)
• Life Insurance
• Paid time off (vacation time, personal time and flex-time)
• Onsite gym including basketball court, racquetball court and locker rooms
• And more...
Fey Industries, Inc. started in 1965 to provide branded promotional packaging products that enhance the image of other organizations and continues to grow with additional product lines and acquisitions. We pride ourselves on achieving Quality Certification Alliance (QCA) accreditation for the promotional product industry. We are 1 of 22 to be QCA accredited. Our purpose is brightening the world through our actions which includes the impact we create with our products, jobs and communications. For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.feyindustries.com/.
1) Deliver on the established goals (ex. contribution margin, safety) and metrics for this role
2) Own the "Safe & Done Right" Process along with role modeling "followed by all" on our core processes
3) Align direct reports and respective departments with the corporate goals and strategies; cascading into tactics at the departmental and individual level.
4) Builds talent of direct reports, strengthening and developing direct reports so they in-turn strengthen and develop their teams
5) Validates and enhances critical business processes; champion for opportunity list process
6) Makes performance and opportunities visible; inspiring team member experience with their owning performance and be curious on making improvements
7) Engaged and role models key behaviors, impacting team member experience and leading to a culture of continual improvement . . . making it uniquely better and simplified
8) Design, implement, refine organizational structure that supports active management of the visibility boards, resolution of root cause issues and company revenue initiatives.
9) Leadership + Management = Accountability
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of manufacturing and manufacturing support departments.
- Builds talent of direct reports through use of Playbook Tools, coaching, role modeling, inspiring, explaining the why, quarterly conversations, focus walks, and aligning priorities.
- Provide clear leadership and vision with clear expectations, inspire and motivate staff to achieve excellence and mentor them. Validated with team members able to recite/paraphrase.
- Delivers on key performance indicators across circles of influence through personal engagement using focus walks, daily operating reports, and validating processes are functioning well.
- Uses performance metrics and analysis of activities to identify trends and implements corrective measures as needed.
- Adeptly uses root cause analysis and IDS sessions in identifying opportunities and action plans.
- Enhances and reinforces scalable and repeatable processes/business systems, ensuring operating processes are functioning well and utilized effectively.
- Advance planning to see the future, evaluate the challenges face, take action to capitalize on opportunities, mitigate risks, develop opportunities, do resource planning and position team for success.
- Leverages automation to reduce costs, redeploy labor, shorten lead times and enable revenue growth.
- Delivers return on invested capital (ROIC) with capital investments.
- Maintain team member safety and morale by creating a safe and effective work environment. Ensure all safety incidents, near misses and property damage have a root cause session with implemented countermeasures.
- Ensures alignment with Revenue team on current and future capabilities and capacities; continued awareness of current and emerging technologies with vetted applications to Fey.
- Proficient with company's computer systems, programs and reporting.
- Agile, ability to make changes and grow.
- Serves on Executive Leadership Team, setting corporate goals and strategies to fulfill purpose and achieve long term goals.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Leads and manages direct report managers who lead a team of 125 + in the production, automation, maintenance, tool & die, engineering, and quality assurance departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Proven track record of driving positive results. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or five to eight years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior experience involving leading and coaching in a high mix, low volume (tangible product) manufacturing environment
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of or become fluent with company's systems and programs leveraging the system automation to facilitate completion of job duties. Along with Microsoft: Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Other Qualifications: Must be available for occasional travel based on company needs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The associate is frequently required to sit. The associate is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a person encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the person is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media