- - Automation
- MN, USA
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401k, Life Insurance, Dental, Paid Time Off, Flex-Time and more
Fey Industries, Inc. in Edgerton, MN seeks a full-time Automation Engineer to join our growth focused, forward thinking organization. The ideal candidate is driven by creative thinking that utilizes automation to make manufacturing better and possesses high mechanical aptitude, is technically proficient and well versed or willing to learn RF heat sealing. If you have equipment design experience and find fulfilment in automating equipment this is the job for you!
Fey Industries, Inc. is a QCA accredited light manufacturing company who operates in a clean, climate controlled, work environment and strives to have a culture representing family values. If you enjoy being a team player and strive to continuously grow your knowledge and skill base, then this is an excellent opportunity for you. This role is geared for those who are results driven. We are a dynamic team of people that are passionate about what we do both at work and within the community. We believe in helping our team members live our core values throughout each day: being a team player, doing the right thing, driving results and making it uniquely better and simplified.
To the Automation Engineer we offer:
• Exempt FLSA Status
• Health Insurance (majority company paid), Dental and Life Insurance
• Paid time off and flex time
• Onsite gym including basketball court, racquetball court and locker rooms
• Onsite library
• And more!
Fey Industries, Inc. started in 1965 to provide branded promotional packaging products that enhance the image of other organizations and continues to grow with additional product lines and acquisitions. We pride ourselves on achieving Quality Certification Alliance (QCA) accreditation for the promotional product industry. We are 1 of 22 to be QCA accredited. Our purpose is brightening the world through our actions which includes the impact we create with our products, jobs and communications. For more information about us, please visit our website at http://www.feyindustries.com/.
• Delivers automation that reduces labor and material content while saving process time
• Execution of on time, on budget project completion that delivers of ROI
• Develop and design new automated equipment; incorporating use of robotics and servo technologies
• Elevate automation by applying creative automation, yielding more-up and/or time reduction... being uniquely better
• Curious problem solving, yielding an effective cost and time saving solution (understanding simple is more)
• Awareness and understanding of new technologies and how to apply them
• Produce results with ROI and execute timely project completion
• Maintain awareness and keep up-to-date with the latest technology; ability to understand and apply them to the automation process
• Ensure designed equipment and automation projects meet or exceed safety and quality standards according to regulations and company standards
• Program, troubleshoot and evaluate any design considerations on new and existing systems and equipment
• Evaluate, select and coordinate with vendors and internal departments for design, machining and fabrication of tooling and systems
• Ensure delivery of configuration and modifications to program software to automated systems and process control systems
• Efficient and effective hand off to maintenance department to ensure preventative and predictive maintenance compliance on newly designed/installed equipment and processes
• Ensure R & D activities concerned with integration and testing of electronic/mechanical components and systems and in development of applications are completed
• Ability to design engineering solutions to meet the manufacturing facilities requirements in order to maximize production equipment quality and efficiency
• Ability to apply mechanical theory, mechanical testing procedures and related knowledge to layout, build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and production equipment
• Design equipment using following principles
o Reduction of operator interface points (machine adjustments)
o High cycle rates & throughput
o Simplification of equipment for ease of maintenance & operation
o Inclusion of up-stream and down-stream operations
o Reduction of material handling
o Cross functional team input (production, maintenance, QA, Eng. & Tool room)
o Use of GANT plans
o BOM budget planning
o Complete documentation packet
• Design equipment utilizing the following technologies
o Integrated robotics
o HMI controls
o WiFi & barcode
o Vision systems
o Material handling (pick-n-place, power conveyors, nip rollers)
o Material guidance (mechanical & electronic)
• Equipment upgrades and actively leading (hands-on) and maintaining the build schedule
• Must be able to engage and lead a project while executing effective project management and completion
• Ability to communication with others
• Must be able to articulate equipment design, having strong design abilities
• 3D CAD experience (preferable with Solidworks)
• Strong understanding and experience in machine design
• Problem solver
• Innovative and creative
• Results driven
• Possess a strong ability to troubleshoot and attain resolution
• Adept with creative wrestling/debate with team to persevere to uniquely better results
• Ability to identify automation opportunities and apply knowledge of technology and engineering skillset
Education and Experience:
• Education: Preference is 4 year degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Automation Engineering with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in equipment/controls design. Candidates with a 2 year Technical or Associates degree with minimum of 7+ years of experience in equipment/controls design will also be considered.
• Experience in automation and new equipment design.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media